Simple Thai Pizza
This vegan pizza is not what you’d expect: it has no cheese, no meat, no tomatoes (not even in the sauce!)! Yet it still pulls off being a pizza AND being delicious! Don’t believe me? Cook it yourself and see!
- pizza crust (I use the easy, yummy, and Quick Pizza Crust recipe from this site or Rustic
- 2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated (or 1/2 teaspoon powdered)
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter, unsalted & all-natural
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Thai green curry paste (make sure to check label for fish sauce or shrimp
This stuff was vegan
- 8 oz. of your choice of protein (I used Thai-Style
marinated baked tofu)
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- Optional: 1/2 cup pineapple, chopped (personally, I’m not one for pineapple on any of my pizzas)
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Mix the ginger in with the oil. Brush mixture (I use a silicone basting brush) across the pizza crust.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Mix together the peanut butter, tamari, lime juice and curry paste. Spread this on the crust and top with remaining ingredients. (TIP: If you are using MSF Meal Starters, put them on the pizza BEFORE the sauce and they will absorb lots of extra flavor.)
- Bake for 10 additional minutes.
As you can see, the pizza looks pretty damn delicious for being vegan!
It turned out AMAZING! I have to say the sauce was the toughest part, and I WILL be making this again so it will be better next time. When I first made the sauce according to the measurements it was too runny so I added more peanut butter. The sauce tasted really salty too, so I tried adding some lemon (since I only had 1 lime on me which I already used) but nothing seemed to change. The final product tasted amazing but the sauce was still really salty tasting after the pizza was baked. Perhaps I’ll mix water in with the tamari next time.
Still, the pizza was gone before dinner, and I’m craving more already!